Monday, October 02, 2006

PS - Post Sammy

Between packing for San Fran (I'm in [Sweet Dreams my] LAX right now) and my myriad of social engagements (I'm just that popular), I didn't catch any of the Bilbao game and only saw the score, 1-3, this morning before I left the house. Gols from Gudjohnsen, Saviola and Puyol were enough to give Barcelona then win after going behind to an early strike from Fran Yeste. I know Athletic are rubbish but it's promising to see both of Eto'os heir apparents on the score sheet. Long may it continue. With the break for internationals this week and my absence from the country, it'll be all quiet on the blogging front until mid-October. But hang in there.

2 comments:

linda said...

Hard to know how relieved I should be about the result, considering as you said Athletic are crap right now, but at least it's 3 more points in the bag and we're still top of the league.

Thomas said...

The real index will be Sevilla on Sunday, considering they destroyed FCB in the Super Copa. They're incredibly tight defensively, tough as old boots and if absolutely the best team the blaugrana have faced. It's a shame the game won't be televised.